Monday, May 18, 2009

STRICKEN! # Essie Neon Nail Polish


I soooo badly wanted to like it. I kept seeing the ads in my fashion magazines, and was strangely drawn to it.

Let me first state for the record that I only wear polish on my toenails. I haven't worn fingernail polish of any kind in the last 15 years. I just think fingernail polish is kind of tacky -- I like to look natural. But for some reason these ads for the Essie Neon polish were calling me. I am kind of obsessed with neon yellow and grey right now, so I think that may be at the root of this strange phenomenon.

So I went out today and bought it. It does not look like how it looks in the bottle -- at least the yellow doesn't. That's the one I bought. It's matte. Neon should never be matte. Neon is loud, proud and says, "Look at me, world!" Matte anything is the exact opposite of that. I put on 4 coats, hoping it would get better. It didn't. I kind of look sick, or dead. The only saving grace was my glossy top-coat, which sort of took away the dullness. Such a disappointment, especially because it was the first nailpolish I bought in forever and I just wasted 8 bucks I really needed to buy groceries with.

Don't buy it -- unless you try it first. Part of me is still holding out for the purple.

No comments: